What’s going on here? Phase 2 of Southside Towns in new ‘Uptown Brampton’
A site photo of the first phase of construction of a townhome development by i2 Developments near Steeles Avenue and Hurontario Street. The second phase is expected to begin construction in late 2018 or early 2019. - Contributed photo
by Graeme Frisque on October 16, 2018
Just the facts:
- Phase 1 of the project by i2 Developments is well underway. The first two phases of the development include 103 “luxurious” and “contemporary” townhome units.
- Construction on the second phase is expected to begin in late 2018 or early 2019.
- The development is located in an area the city is planning as an urban centre called “Uptown Brampton” as part of its Vision 2040 initiative.
- The 2040 Vision aims to transform the city in several key areas, including transit connectivity integrating the city’s existing transit network and a new “core loop,” as well as walking and cycling networks.
- The vision also includes a number of parks, green spaces and natural features, with an emphasis on walkability and “sustainability integrated into everything.”
- The new development is adjacent to a bus stop and is within walking distance of Shoppers World, Sheridan College and Brampton’s historical downtown.
Visit www.southsidetowns.ca for more information.